In one year I could have:
• Learned how to play the guitar.
• Driven Route 66 and back.
• Picked up sewing.
• Finished my oldest daughter’s baby book. By the way, she’s 6 ½)
• Slept a solid 8-9 hours most nights.
• Still thought that spending THAT much money on a camera was crazy.
Not to say some of the above things wouldn’t have been fun to enjoy or that they aren’t true but, instead in the past year I have…
• Found a way to show others my joy and passion in cooking fun healthy meals for my family.
• Spent more “intentional” time in the planning part of cooking. i.e meaning I now write my creations down while making them.
• Learned why my husband likes to take pictures. I have had so much fun picking up tips from other food bloggers but best of all love having my husband teach me how to use “our” camera.
• Coerced my daughters in being taste testers to some odd smelling foods. They are such good troopers!
• Subjected my family to growling stomachs due to my last minute photo.
• Opened my kitchen shades more than before to let natural light in for just the right shot.
• Gained confidence in writing. I have even found that it comes much easier. I am able to transfer my thoughts into words a lot easier.
• Hired an “in-house” editor…a tall, hot, Scotsman- my wonderful husband!
Most of all, I have found a way I can make a small difference in such a big world. Having folks leave comments letting me know that they understand what I said and agree. To hear people say they had never thought of that before. Those are words that reaffirm my reason for staying up late at night cranking out the post. Not sure I have mentioned before but I do work a FT job and squeeze in exercise everyday while trying to juggle motherhood, wifehood and just life.
Thank you for reading. Thank you for your support. I hope to continue to bring in more fun foods that will lead to creating a healthy environment for you to enjoy! Peace and happiness, love Melissa.
Let's take a walk down memory lane...How may I help you?
P.S. Keep checking back as I'll be getting a makeover soon! Happy Anniversary to MMM!