I'm pretty excited to have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award from Melissa at The Hungry Artist!
Let me give you a little background behind my connection wtih Melissa. See, the blogging world is very small. A few months ago I was on Twitter and ran across a tweet from one of my all-time favorite cookbook authors and chefs, Mollie Katzen. In this tweet she mentioned Melissa from and her cute post on Popovers she had made with her son. Well, I saw this and was inspired to give these a try with a new twist. Of course I had to visit her site and comment on her blog! (Remember- that's the nice thing to do. Wink, wink!) She is an amazingly cool mom in New York with special talents in the kitchen and with her beautiful illustrations---she's also an illustrator of children's books!
The cool part of receiving this award is that you are challenged to share seven random things about yourself and then present the award to seven other bloggers who mean a lot to you.
1. I am 6'0" and yes, I married a tall guy too. He's 6'4".
2. Our first house was built in 1908. But it was in a very hip area of Portland Oregon and the kitchen was the largest room in an otherwise tiny house! Our third house, the one we are in now, the kitchen is the smallest room in the house. Hence, we are interested in moving sometime soon!
3. I have never cooked pork or lamb and probably never will, unless I am in culinary school and have to for a grade. Don't eat it either!
4. Our dog, Jetta, is named after one of my favorite Volkswagens!
5. If I have homemade chocolate chip cookies anywhere close to me... I will eat them all!
6. My father is a woodworker. Has made my dining room table, buffet, pantry and much more. You will see more of his work in an upcoming post!
7. I never really saw myself as a mother, but once I felt the first kick from my oldest daughter, I have never looked back and could never imagine my kitchen without the pitter-patter of feet running about begging for a taste.
And now I'd like to give this award to these inspiring bloggers. Some foodies, some mommies, some both, but all have helped me along the way.
1. My sister-in-law, Andrea over at Texas Macks.
I owe the whole blogging idea to her. She started her obsession before mine and finally showed me how I could take my "obsession" of cooking and turn it into something real. (Thanks my dear. You are amazing.) By the way, Andrea really needs some lifting up. Her sister has been diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer and recently found spots on her lungs too.
2. Lori, at Fake Food Free.
Long story short... Lori is a friend of a friend who happens to live in the bluegrass state too. We have very similar thoughts about the foods eat. And we both love gardening! I also have to give a lot of credit to Lori for teaching me a lot about food blogging.
3. Ann, at Healthy Tasty Chow.
A very cool mom with another on the way. She's been with me almost the whole time I've had my site. Ann- you're great. Thanks for all the support.
4. Trina, at O'Boy! Organic.
I think just by visiting her site you'll see why I would pick her! We've had lots of fun tweeting about gardening with our kids this summer.
5. Michelle, at Find Your Balance.
A health food nut just like me who has found her passion!
6. Traci, at Burnt Apple.
Another foodie mama aiming to feed her family one healthy bite at a time.
7. Danielle, at A Day in the Life.
I don't know too many foodie mamas in this area of Kentucky but sure was glad when Danielle and I connected. What a beautiful family! Congrats on your new baby boy!
Thanks again to Melissa for this award! This blog has become one of the best things that's happened to me. I am very glad I took the plunge a little over a year ago. Woohoo!
Now back to the kitchen.